Outside Employment

From the State Personnel System Employee Handbook (PDF):

I.D.4: Outside Employment

It is expected that your state job will be your principal employment. Outside employment, either with another state department or an employer other than the state, or other activity (business transactions or ownership, volunteer positions, etc.) that is or could be perceived as incompatible with the duties and responsibilities of your state position is prohibited.

You must get advance written approval from your appointing authority before engaging in outside employment. Failure to obtain approval before beginning outside employment may result in corrective or disciplinary action.

Primary Contact: Human Resources, 719-255-3372 or hrhelp@uccs.edu

Outside Employment, Request for Approval (Classified and University Staff) (under Conflict of Interest)


[ / ]