The CU Office of Government Relations has provided information regarding political activity taking place on any of the CU campuses. According to the policy, university employees may not:
• Engage in any activity during working hours designed to urge electors to vote for or against
any campaign issues, which include campaigns for public office, state-wide campaign issues
or referred measures, and local campaign issues or levies.
• Employees wishing to participate in a campaign activity should take personal leave.
• Use office supplies or equipment, including computers, telephones, printers or facsimile
machines to create materials urging electors to vote for or against a campaign issue.
• Use their university email accounts to urge electors to vote for or against a campaign issue, or
to forward materials that urge electors to vote for or against a campaign issue.
• Use university-hosted Web sites to urge electors to vote for or against a campaign issue.
To continue reading the full policy, which includes additional requirements for faculty and students, please click here (PDF).
Responsible Party: Tanya Kelly-Bowry, Tanya.KellyBowry@cu.edu or 303-831-6192
CU Administrative Policy Statements: